The attorneys at Tremblay & Smith, PLLC have been involved in many eminent domain cases both on behalf of the condemning authority as well as on behalf of the landowner. We have represented the Department of Transportation, the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport Authority and other state and local agencies in acquiring land necessary for public use. We have also represented individuals and businesses who own property subject to condemnation by a governmental body. Condemnation cases are unique and involve certain aspects of law and procedure not common to other types of litigation. Our knowledge and experience with handling both sides of these matters allows our attorneys to best represent all of our clients in eminent domain cases. We have successfully resolved many condemnation matters by negotiating agreement between the parties, and have litigated those disputes which cannot be resolved amicably.
- Tremblay & Smith files Defamation Suit on behalf of Judge Bradley Cavedo against Daniel Gade
- Sanctions for Loss or Destruction of Evidence – SB1619
- Prohibition against Excessive Fines by U.S. States
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Qualified Immunity for Police Officer Who Shot Woman in Own Front Yard